Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas 2007

This year it snowed on Christmas (just over an inch I believe), which made for the perfect holiday atmosphere. The Star and Tribune ran a little infographic about the probability of a white Christmas in Minnesota. Note that certain areas of Northern Minnesota are guaranteed a white Christmas.

ProbabilityOfAWhiteChristmas

Annual chance of a white Christmas in Minnesota, based on historic records from 1899 through 2005. Sources: University of Minnesota, Minnesota DNR, NOAA. Graphic by Billy Steve Clayton.

Sledding

The snowy weather inspired a group of us to go outside and sled in the backyard.

IMG_4948

Bro-in-law and niece.

CIMG0537

The outlier: knee-first sledding!

CIMG0540

My sister tearing up the snow.

CIMG0542

My father.

CIMG0544

My aunt.

CIMG0545

Don't fall off the sled as deep snow awaits.

Christmas Morning (Stockings and Presents)

IMG_4889

My niece received a little gorilla in her stocking;
she's attempting to imitate it here.

IMG_4919

My niece gave me a storybook of my life (2005-2007) made with Shutterfly.

IMG_4929I gave my niece a princess crown.

IMG_4931

The next gift my niece opened was a princess dress.
She is actually airborne here jumping for joy.

IMG_4933

The full princess costume.

No comments: