Wednesday, May 11, 2005

3/5s of My Clever Girlfriend

My girlfriend takes her 3rd law final today at 2PM EDT. She will do well of course because she is clever. She only has 2 more to go.

Secondly, I am massively upset at both Adobe Premiere 6.0 and Adobe Premiere Pro 1.0. They have literally wasted two consecutive weekends of mine. Can you say incredibly opaque interface coupled with extremely unresponsive movie previewing makes for frustrating times (note i have a 2.53 Ghz P4 with 1 gb of RAM). I also tried Pinnacle's Studio Pro -- of course this software could not (a) read .wmv files (b) export my MPEG2 video correctly.

Thirdly, I am trying a new brand of contacts today. My old brand is no longer manufactured.

Fourthly, I updated my links on the right sidebar. You should try Educate Me, it's edutaining!

Lastly, I find it ironic that the cliques, power structures, and other social dynamics found in high schools across America can also be found in faculty circles on campuses across America. Ask me if I know where the pompous elitists hang out who seem to take humor in the intellectual deprecation of others and I will simply point you to the sixth floor of my building. It's unfortunate that obtaining a PhD does not involve achieving any level of respectable moral or social principles (though I would settle for much less). I have another post brewing about this in my head that I will save for later. If you're lucky, that post will sound even more jaded.

No comments: